This recipe was first published in the November 2017 issue of AromaCulture Magazine.
So adding Hawthorn to autumn-spiced baked goods has turned out to be one of the best decisions I’ve made all season. The first recipe experiment with it worked out so well that Hawthorn has been showing up in all of my cozy weather recipes lately. It’s just that good. This Hawthorn Pumpkin Bread is no exception – it’s perfectly moist and fluffy, yet dense and warm and spicy all at the same time. And, it’s marvelously egg-free! Success! I definitely know what I’m bringing to all of the holiday season gatherings this year (and maybe every year after this).
INGREDIENTS FOR MY HAWTHORN PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE
- 3 cups of organic whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic Hawthorn berry powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tablespoon of organic Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each of organic Cardamom, Clove, and Ginger powders
- 1 can of organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of raw, organic, unrefined sugar
- 2 mashed, ripe organic bananas
- 1 tablespoon of organic Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of organic olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup or organic honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of organic milk
- 1/4 cup organic plain, unsweetened yogurt
To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Whisk together your dry ingredients in one bowl and your wet ingredients in another bowl, then stir them all together until thoroughly combined. Bake in buttered-up loaf pans for 55 minutes.
While it’s tempting to eat this bread straight out of that ever-fragrant oven when it’s done baking, it’s best to let it cool for 20 minutes or so before serving…but if you want to slice it up right away and slather some raw butter on it and let the whole bite just melt in your mouth while the bread’s still fresh from the oven, I won’t judge. 😉
Watch the video below to SEE HOW I MAKE THIS RECIPE
What is your favorite thing to bake during the holiday season?
Let me know in the comments below. =)