Learn to Identify, Harvest and Use 12 Common Wild Herbs
You will learn how to...
What the Workshop Includes
- Access to our exclusive Summer Foraging video series that walks you through identifying each of the 12 plants covered in this workshop so you can confidently forage for them in your own area.
- Unlimited access to the comprehensive written content inside the workshop.
- Access to our uplifting student community on Facebook so you can connect with like-minded foraging enthusiasts.
- A certificate upon successful completion of the course requirements (including an end-of-class homework assignment and a passing grade on your final quiz).
- Access to the workshop instructors for at least 3 months so you can ask class-related questions as needed whilst you are working your way through the course material.
- A digital copy of our beautiful Summer Foraging book that includes all of the info we cover throughout the course so you can print it out and save it for your future use or take it with you when foraging.
- Detailed printable plant profiles for each of the 12 herbs covered in the workshop.
- Printable plant map worksheets for your foraging adventures.
All for $99!
Sustainability: Ethical Harvesting
Learn how and when to harvest wild plants using ethical practices that will help ensure sustainability and the lasting health of the ecosystem.
Plant Identification and Botany
Be confident that you have the right plant when you harvest. Learn how to positively identify 12 common, summer-collected plant species when foraging and where to find them.
Harvesting and Foraging Safety
Learn about best harvesting practices, our favorite tools and resources to take with you when foraging, and about how to stay safe when foraging.
Post-harvest: Plant Processing
We’ll teach you how best to preserve all of the beautiful plant material you just brought home so you can use it effectively in your apothecary and your kitchen throughout the year.
Apothecary: Using the Plants
Learn about the best ways each of these 12 plants can be put to use in handcrafted remedies and applications that you can make yourself in your own kitchen.
Land Stewardship + Connectedness
Learn how to connect to the land where you forage in a deeper way by applying land stewardship principles to your foraging practice.
Meet Your Instructors
Jon and Erin Stewart are organic gardeners, foragers, herbalists and urban homesteaders based in the Pacific Northwest. Erin is a NAHA certified aromatherapist, photographer and artist and Jonathan is also an artisan woodworker. They grow over 70 species of aromatic and medicinal herbs for their own apothecary and they distill their own essential oils and hydrosols in their organic garden.
Most frequently asked questions and answers
We cover 12 common plants that grow all throughout the United States in this workshop. Because many of them are plants that were brought over from Europe, they are plants that are widely grown worldwide. I can’t guarantee that they all grow where you live, but we did our best to choose plants that are widespread.
- Stinging nettles
- St. John’s Wort
- Red Clover
- Blackberry, raspberry and wild strawberry
- Oxeye daisy
Plus their lookalikes and a lot of other really great foraging, safety, and land stewardship information that you can apply no matter the season or your location! =)
Yes, the course is compatible with desktop and laptop computers, tablets, phones, etc.
Your enrollment includes unlimited access that does not have an expiration date.
Yes. We have included as a bonus item our Summer Foraging digital book. It includes all of the written information from the course and is formatted in such a way that you can easily print out a copy at home for your personal use.
No. Please keep your log-in information to yourself and do not share the course materials with others. We do, however, encourage you to teach your children (under 18) about what you are learning so you can empower them to become ethical land stewards and wildharvesters too.
While we do not offer refunds for our online products, we do want to make sure that all of our students are completely happy with their purchase. We’ll be here to walk through the course with you and answer your questions and you are welcome to check in with us with questions prior to enrolling to make sure that the class is a right fit for you.